This report summarizes the findings of a study conducted by Red Car Analytics on behalf of the Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) to determine the potential for direct-expansion air conditioning dedicated outdoor air systems (DX-DOAS) products in commercial buildings.
The report further includes:
- Observations in industry definitions of DOAS and DX-DOAS,
- Current DX-DOAS products available on the market,
- Characteristics of how DX-DOAS products condition ventilation air,
- A review of product costs from sample sites with different DOAS units,
- An energy efficiency assessment of decoupled vs. coupled DOAS,
- An energy assessment of DX-DOAS and a Washington state code minimum ERV/HRV-DOAS, and
- Key findings for the Pacific Northwest region.