BetterBricks, in partnership with Energy Trust of Oregon, offers the resources you need to improve your building's energy score and align with the City of Portland's Energy Performance Reporting Policy.
Hands-on ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager workshops and Improve Your Score Workshops are available, click here to register. For more support, email the City's Energy Reporting Help Desk or call at 503-823-7070 with any questions regarding policy compliance.
Improving your building's energy use lowers your energy costs and increases tenant comfort and retention. Here are low-to-no cost steps to start transforming your building today.
- Track performance with ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager
- Adjust for weather conditions, compare buildings, and transfer billing data into Energy Star's Portfolio Manager: Benchmarking Best Practices
- Walk through your building to identify waste and cost savers: Building Night Walk Video Series
- Sign up for energy classes available from PGE. Visit the Energy Education Center to find classes.
Save More Energy
After discovering the drivers of your building's energy usage and benchmarking performance, the next step is to create an investment strategy that looks at the whole building and integrated systems. Set an energy performance goal form a team, allocate resources, and create a plan.
- Create an action plan. Implement, track, and continuously improve: High Performance Portfolio Framework
- Engage tenants through green leases, also known as high performance leases.
- Certify your building operators. Graduates help cut operating costs as much as $20,000 per year: theBOC.info
- Assess if your building is right for a deep energy retrofit. Visit Buildingrenewal.org to learn more and access the Spark Tool. Spark is an early assessment tool that creates a customized report with an integrated measure package to reposition your building in the market and save you 35% or more of your energy costs.